Facing Charges for Assault with a Deadly Weapon?
California Penal Code §240 PC
Time is Valuable – Call Today for your Free Consultation
The bottom line is, if you or someone you care about is facing criminal investigation, criminal charges of any type, or you have questions about seeking an expungement (whether or not probation is currently in place), every second that passes is time that is either working against you, or time that can be used to help the situation/case. The Law Office of James L. Hassey can be reached 24/7 at (619) 745-5555 or through our secure and confidential email/contact form. Contact us today so we can answer your questions and help you.
Possible Collateral Consequences of a Conviction:
- Education – Disclosing conviction on applications to Schools or Graduate Programs.
- Professional License – typical approval for a professional license such as Doctor, Lawyer, Nurse and many other vocations include a background check.
- Work Background Check – many valuable jobs perform scheduled background checks, and/or perform background checks when you’re being considered for a promotion.
- Renting an Apartment / House – many landlords run criminal background checks, and getting turned-down from potential landlords can snowball against you.
- Immigration – being convicted of a crime can have fatal negative effects on a person’s path to citizenship.
- Voting Rights – many people take their voting rights for granted until that right is taken away by a Felony. Even if a charge starts out as a Misdemeanor, depending on the circumstances, the prosecuting agency (City Attorney / District Attorney) can change the charge(s) to Felony.
Call the Law Office of James L. Hassey today at (619) 745-5555 so we can answer your questions and help you.